It’s rare these days that we find something by Jason Lisle we can write about. He’s the creationist astrophysicist who used to be employed by Answers in Genesis (AIG), ol’ Hambo’s online ministry.
We know you remember Jason Lisle’s “Instant Starlight” Paper. That was Jason’s solution to the Distant Starlight problem. The problem — for young-earth creationists — is that the light we see from distant sources required literally billions of years to reach earth, yet the creationist’s universe is only 6,000 years old.
For reasons which have never been explained, Jason left AIG a couple of years ago to become director of whatever it is that they call research at the Institute for Creation Research (ICR) — the fountainhead of young-earth creationist wisdom. But ICR recently changed Jason’s title. He’s now described as their “Director of Physical Sciences.” It looks like he’s been down-graded, but it makes no difference. Our guess is that he’s got nowhere else to go.
Anyway, Jason’s latest post at ICR’s website is Creation Apologetics [Podcast]. It’s a description of several podcasts that ICR is making available. Each is given a brief description, and without wasting our time and listening to them, that’s all we have to work with. Here are some excerpt from each podcast’s description:
1) Your Origins Matter: Is Genesis just a myth made up by primitive people? Is it merely an allegory containing spiritual truths? Or does this book reveal a historical record of how God literally created the universe? Every Christian should believe in a literal Genesis and stand ready to defend biblical creation.
This is the next:
2) The Timescale of Creation: Many claim that science proves the Earth is billions of years old. But Genesis chapter one teaches that God created the universe and everything in it in only six days. How long ago did God create the universe and how long did He take to do it? Does this issue really matter?
Thrilling, huh? Let’s read on:
3) Astronomy: The Bible Got It Right! Does astronomy disprove the Bible like many scoffers claim? Actually, history confirms that the Bible is always right when it touches on any subject — including astronomy. Learn how the Bible got astronomy right when it addresses the roundness of Earth, its suspension in space, the expansion of the heavens, and more!
4) The Age of the Universe: Most students are taught that the universe is 13.8 billion years old. But the Bible teaches a much younger age. In this episode, we’ll discuss the many lines of evidence confirming that the universe is, in fact, only thousands of years old.
You don’t want to miss that! And finally:
5) Logical Fallacies: Logic is the study of the principles of correct reasoning. It can teach us to think properly and construct rational arguments — valuable skills for defending the Christian faith. Christians should learn how to spot logical fallacies when conversing with people who challenge their beliefs.
That’s all there is to Jason’s post. If you care to click on his podcasts and hear what he has to say, go right ahead. Then tell us what you’ve learned.
Copyright © 2016. The Sensuous Curmudgeon. All rights reserved.