This may be the big opportunity you’ve been looking for, dear reader. At the website of Answers in Genesis (AIG) — the creationist ministry of Ken Ham (ol’ Hambo), the Australian entrepreneur who has become the ayatollah of Appalachia — we found this exciting item: Careers at Answers in Genesis and the Creation Museum.
They list eighteen different jobs they have available, including:
• Housekeeping Associate (3rd Shift – 11:30pm-8:00am)
• Grounds Maintenance Technician
• Accounting Specialist / Cash Room, and
• Dinosaur Costume Actor (Seasonal – Hourly)
They all sound great, but the one that got our attention was Zoo Keeper (Ark), so we clicked on it to see what the job was all about. There we learn:
The Ark Ararat Ridge Zoo is looking for an enthusiastic zoo keeper to work with our diverse collection of animals. The zoo aims to share with guests, the vast biological information possessed by the original created “kinds” and demonstrate how this information has led to the many varieties of animals seen today all in a fun, interactive way. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in animal husbandry, be willing to perform vigorous, physical activities, and enjoy connecting with our guests.
Then there’s a long list of the zoo keeper’s responsibilities. Those include:
• Provide general care for animals such as food prep and hygiene.
• Perform related tasks of housekeeping animal shelters and public areas within the zoo.
In other words, clean up the mess left by the animals. Hey — there’s nothing wrong with that. Noah’s wife had to do the same job on the Ark. Here are more of the zoo keeper’s responsibilities:
• Make necessary repairs to fences, gates and equipment.
• Baling hay & shoveling snow as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
It sounds great! But wait — there’s a long list of Requirements you must meet before you can be hired. Here are just a few:
• Ability to perform strenuous repetitive work.
• Ability to repetitively lift and carry bags of grain, hay bales and waste receptacles (50 pounds or more) and help guests on and off the camel rides.
• Must agree with and be able to sign our Statement of Faith.
• Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Regular attendance at a local Bible-believing church.
If you’ve got what it takes, dear reader, there’s a link at the end where you can apply. Imagine the look on your friends’ faces when you tell them that you’re going to be the zoo keeper at ol’ Hambo’s Ark Encounter. But hurry — this opportunity won’t be available much longer!
Copyright © 2016. The Sensuous Curmudgeon. All rights reserved.