Because the writer isn’t a politician, preacher, or other public figure, we won’t embarrass or promote him by using his full name. His first name is Larry. Excerpts from his letter will be enhanced with our Curmudgeonly commentary and some bold font for emphasis. Here we go!
Bob Morrison’s column stated “but we’ve only recently learned that birds are evolutionary descendants of dinosaurs.” This is an unproved theory of evolutionists.
We can’t find that column, but it doesn’t matter. Oh — note that Larry imagines theories are proven, rather than being confirmed, but still subject to dis-proof. Then he says:
He went on to say that dinosaurs adapted to environmental changes over 150 million years. Hmm. Dinosaurs had solid bones: birds have hollow ones “honey-combed” for lightweight/strength. So if this transition took 150 million years would that mean an “evolving” bird could only get five feet off the ground for the first 50 million years or so?
To begin with, the dinosaur ancestors of bird did have hollow bones. The Wikipedia article on Origin of birds says: “Fossil evidence also demonstrates that birds and dinosaurs shared features such as hollow, pneumatized bones, gastroliths in the digestive system, nest-building and brooding behaviors.” We won’t comment on the rest of Larry’s paragraph. After that he tells us:
Darwin’s unproved theories are based on “survival of the fittest.” How could a half dinosaur survive as the “fittest” in a dual land/air environment? I have the answer. This never occurred.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA! It’s a Crocoduck argument. Larry continues:
After debating creation vs. evolution for years [Hee hee!], I have concluded there is a third element — common sense. Setting both God’s Word and evolutionary theory aside, please consider that if all life’s ancestor was an accidentally created one-cell organism:
Here are Larry’s “common sense” objections to evolution. They don’t require any response from us:
• How did an animal form turn into a plant (blood to sap)?
• How did virtually all animals develop both male and female forms simultaneously?
• As many male animals have rituals to attract females for mating, how were they attracted while they were “evolving”?
• How did a butterfly survive over millions of years while “evolving”? The life stages are egg, which becomes a caterpillar, which spins a chrysalis and later emerges as a butterfly with wings. It’s like the old question about which came first, the chicken or the egg. Did some mysterious force of nature tell the egg (if it came first) to turn into a worm, eat like crazy, spin a chrysalis and then you’ll become a butterfly and be able to lay eggs?
• From a one-cell organism, how did extremely complex things like sight, smell, hearing, touch, speech, thoughts, feelings, the brain and all the other marvelously complex systems of humans, animals and plants “just happen”?
Larry’s “common sense” approach is powerful indeed! As for his male and female argument, we encountered that before — see Jack Chick: Sex Is Evolution’s Nightmare.
Larry’s not done yet. Let’s read on:
Evolution, as in one animal turning into another, is utter nonsense spawned mostly since Darwin’s theories about 150 years ago, which most of mankind has swallowed.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA! That’s the Dracula version of evolution. And now we come to the end — which we don’t understand:
God stated 10 times in Genesis 1:11-25 that all life was created after its kind. Do you think God didn’t know this evolution slop was coming, due to the wickedness of mankind?
That’s Larry’s common sense approach. It works for him. How about you, dear reader?
Copyright © 2017. The Sensuous Curmudgeon. All rights reserved.