At last, dear reader, what you’ve been waiting for your entire life is now availabe. All you have to do is click on this link: Intelligent Design: An Evolutionary Sandbox, to learn about “An abstract god game with fully simulated genetics and evolution.” According to the developer’s website:
In a universe driven by targets, a faceless corporation employs you to create an evolving ecosystem you can never hope to control…
Intelligent Design: An Evolutionary Sandbox is a god game with fully simulated genetics and evolution. Create species of plants, herbivores and carnivores and try to control the ever evolving ecosystem. Design and create genetically modified organisms, but remember when you start tampering with genetics it is hard to undo your mistakes…
Here’s their list of the game’s features:
• Fully modeled artificial life with genetics and AI
• Genetic crossover through breeding
• Genetic mutation caused by radiation
• A climate model which tests the robustness of your plants and is effected by the ecosystem you design
• Invest in genetics research to unlock new abilities
• All of the data collected during your game is exported to xml for you to analyse
• Steam achievements and leaderboards
And here’s the best news — the price:
Available on Steam for Linux and PC for $6.99/£4.99/€6.99
Because this news is so mind-boggling, we’re declaring an Intellectual Free Fire Zone. You wanna talk about Trump? Go ahead. We’re open for the discussion of pretty much anything — science, politics, economics, whatever — as long as it’s tasteful and interesting. Banter, babble, bicker, bluster, blubber, blather, blab, blurt, burble, boast — say what you will. But avoid flame-wars and beware of the profanity filters.
The comments are open, dear reader. Have at it.
Copyright © 2017. The Sensuous Curmudgeon. All rights reserved.