To assist you in getting through Friday the 13th, we found an interesting letter-to-the-editor in the Star Beacon of Ashtabula, Ohio. The letter is titled Confusion on the Word of God, and the newspaper has a comments feature.
Because the writer isn’t a politician, preacher, or other public figure, we won’t embarrass or promote him by using his full name. His first name is Michael. Excerpts from his letter will be enhanced with our Curmudgeonly commentary, some bold font for emphasis, and occasional Curmudgeonly interjections that look [like this]. Here we go!
When is the Antichrist coming and who is he? [We donno!] While those questions are unknown at the present [He means the “answers” to those questions], what is known is that the Antichrist’s worldwide and large welcoming committee is rapidly assembling.
Are you on that welcoming committee, dear reader? Stay with us and find out. Michael says:
You can readily identify them by their aggressive opposition to the following six basic foundational principals laid out in the first three chapters of the Word of God — the book of Genesis:
Michael gives us a list of six areas which he introduces with the word “Confusion.” We’ll omit most of his numerous bible references:
1. over the origin of species [Ooooooooooooh!]
2. over gender distinction
3. regarding what is true marriage
4. over the Bible being a revelation from God (It was first questioned by the devil in (3:1) “hath God said” and then again in (3:4) “ye shall not surely die” (there are many variations of this statement).
5. over man’s purpose of existence — The devil suggested in (3:5) “ye shall be as gods.” Fallen man believes as the poet wrote, “I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of soul” [One of our favorite poems, Invictus, by William Ernest Henley.]
6. over the male’s leadership role (3:16), which is reiterated in … and elsewhere.
Wowie, that’s an ark-load of confusion! After that he tells us the answer to each kind of confusion:
The following provides the contrast of the world view of the above confusion versus the biblical view:
1. Evolution v. Creation
2. Transgender v. Birth Distinction
3. Same Sex Marriage v. Holy Matrimony
4. Bible Myth and Legend v. Divine Inspiration
5. Self-Made Man v. Man Made For God
6. Chaotic Order v. Patriarchal Order
You gotta appreciate how well-organized Michael’s letter is. He continues:
Confusion is a prominent word in the above comparisons. It reminds us that last book of the Bible speaks of the future “Babylon the Great” (Revelation 14:8; 17, 5; 18:21), and that Babel (Genesis 11:1-9) has come to mean confusion.
Yes indeed. Beware of Babylon and Babel! At the end of his letter, Michael asks a very important question:
Which view will you give an account of at the great white throne judgment?
Okay, dear reader. Now it’s up to you. What will you choose — confusion, or the bible view of things?
Copyright © 2018. The Sensuous Curmudgeon. All rights reserved.