Because the writer isn’t a politician, preacher, or other public figure, we won’t embarrass or promote him by using his full name. His first name is Bill. We’ve posted about his letters before. The last time was a month ago: #1,007: Atheist Theories, and that links to four others. Excerpts from Bill’s latest letter will be enhanced with our Curmudgeonly commentary, some bold font for emphasis, and occasional Curmudgeonly interjections that look [like this]. Here we go!
Darwinian atheists are anti-science. [Wow!] I recently saw an evolutionary tree of dinosaurs. On this chart were 86 different kinds of dinosaurs. They had the total numbers of each dinosaur they had discovered in the fossil record.
Bill doesn’t give us a link to where he saw that evolutionary tree. It was probably in a children’s coloring book, because there are somewhat more than 86 known dinosaur species. Wikipedia’s article on Dinosaurs says: “Using fossil evidence, paleontologists have identified over 500 distinct genera and more than 1,000 different species of non-avian dinosaurs.” Bill is off to a bad start, but it soon gets better. He says:
All of this represents the entirety of evidence discovered. [Hee hee!] Instead of stopping there, the Darwinian atheists had to draw lines from each kind of dinosaur to imaginary, fictitious, non-existent intermediary forms.
Wow — imaginary, fictitious, non-existent intermediary forms. Those Darwinian atheists are outrageous! After that shocking disclosure, Bill tells us:
This is not science when you make up evidence that does not exist. Their train of thought is that they know the evidence is there, but they have just not discovered it yet.
Those so-called scientists are fools! Bill continues:
The actual evidence shows dinosaurs suddenly appeared and were fully formed and functional when they were created.
If that’s what the evidence shows, then we’re gonna go with it. Let’s read on:
Another example of fake science is what the atheist said about DNA. A few decades ago, the atheist said that only 2 percent of our DNA is coded for proteins so the other 98 percent must be leftover junk.
Does Bill have better information? Apparently he does. He informs us:
Since then, we have discovered that 100 percent of our DNA has a purpose and is fully functional. [Gasp!] There is no such thing as junk DNA.
An interesting claim. However, Wikipedia’s article on Non-coding DNA says: “Estimates for the biologically functional fraction of the human genome based on comparative genomics range between 8 and 15%.” That’s more than 2%, but a wee bit less than 100%. Anyway, Bill’s letter ends with this:
It is sad the extent people will go to deny their creator. People need to make sure they know what they are talking about when they say science has proven something.
Bill’s letters are always entertaining. We hope the News-Gazette keeps publishing them.
Copyright © 2019. The Sensuous Curmudgeon. All rights reserved.