Because the writer isn’t a politician, preacher, or other public figure, we won’t embarrass or promote him by using his full name. His first name is Bill. We’ve posted about his letters before. The last time was back in December: #1,014: Darwinist Fiction, and that links to five others. Excerpts from Bill’s latest letter will be enhanced with our Curmudgeonly commentary, some bold font for emphasis, and occasional Curmudgeonly interjections that look [like this]. Here we go!
I would like to address the lies [Lies!] we are hearing in the news recently about the coronavirus.
You probably thought that all Bill could write about was the traditional anti-Darwinist stuff, but he’s smart enough to write about the coronavirus too. The rest of his letter consists of eight numbered paragraphs. Here are the first two:
1. Viruses have been around for thousands of years [Not millions!] and have been making humans and animals sick for a long time.
2. In all this time, viruses have not changed into something else; they are still viruses.
Good point! Viruses don’t evolve into spiders or squid — or people. Now get ready for the next two points:
3. Real science is being done to find a cure, which requires observation and repeatable experimentation.
4. Evolution is an atheistic fairy tale and is not science. This current pandemic has absolutely nothing to do with evolution.
Did you follow that? Bill says evolution isn’t real science, it’s just “an atheistic fairy tale.” Are you feeling foolish, dear reader? Here comes number 5:
5. George Will and all the other arrogant elitists are perpetuating a fairy tale by trying to tie this epidemic to their atheistic religion.
Bill doesn’t give us a link or any information about which of Will’s columns he’s upset about — probably all of them, so we’re moving on. Ah, number 6 is a scripture quote, and number 7 explains its relevance:
6. Matthew 15:12-14: “Then the disciples came to him and asked, ‘Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?’ Jesus replied, ‘Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. Leave them; they are blind guides. If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit.’”
7. Blind guides would not just be Jewish religious leaders in Jesus’ day, but many so-called experts with Ph.D.s and doctorates today.
Are you being led into a pit by a blind guide, dear reader? It’s not too late to start thinking sensibly.
Now we come to the end of Bill’s letter, which is his point number 8:
8. One hundred years from now, the 7.4 billion people living today will all be dead. [Gasp!] Everybody is dying! The fossil record and what we see around us today is death. This is the exact opposite of evolution.
That’s strange. Creationists like ol’ Hambo say that evolution is entirely about death — see, e.g.: Ken Ham: Death, Death, and More Death — but Bill says otherwise. We don’t know what to believe. What do you think, dear reader?
Copyright © 2020. The Sensuous Curmudgeon. All rights reserved.