Because the writer isn’t a politician, preacher, or other public figure, we won’t embarrass or promote him by using his full name. His first name is Duane. There’s a gospel singer with the same name, but we won’t assume that guy is the Duane who wrote this letter. Excerpts from the letter will be enhanced with our Curmudgeonly commentary, some bold font for emphasis, and occasional Curmudgeonly interjections that look [like this]. Here we go!
In today’s world we are being told “we must believe science, and follow their expert advice.” [Yeah, we’ve noticed that!] But let’s take a look at just some of the advice these “experts” are giving us:
What follows is a list of eight things those “experts” are telling us. We don’t need to comment on all of them:
• God did not create human beings – there is no God – we started out as an organism [How degrading!], and through the evolution process, we’ve mutated into one of many species; birds, fish, animals, humans, etc.
• Unborn babies are not human beings – fetal tissue is just medical waste – God did not form you in your mother’s womb – there is no God
• Gender is whatever you perceive it to be – God did not make only male and female – there is no God
• The breath you exhale (Carbon Dioxide) is toxic and harmful to the planet – even though it gives life to all vegetation, trees, plants, etc. – we must seek to eliminate all carbon emissions [Yeah, those climate freaks want us all to stop breathing!]
• God does not control the climate – there is no God – climate change is caused by man’s neglect of the planet – men and women must do everything they can to create the climate we want
• Smoking cigarettes is injurious to your health and can cause early death – smoking marijuana, however, provides certain medicinal benefits – so we must legalize marijuana for all uses
• Driver distraction causes automobile accidents, and yet almost every new automobile is equipped with bigger and bigger computer screens to distract you while you drive
• Wearing a face mask protects against Covid-19, the China virus – and yet, this virus originated in China where the people have been wearing masks since the early 1920s [They’ve been masked for a century?]
After that powerful list, Duane tells us:
If we keep following the advice of these “experts” and ignoring the common-sense that God gave us – and if we keep refusing to seek God’s wise counsel and following God’s commands – we will soon destroy ourselves and this planet.
Egad, all is lost! In conclusion, Duane says:
Wake up America. Get right with God. Jesus is the only way to God. Call on Jesus today, he’s waiting.
That was a really great letter. Thanks, Duane!
Copyright © 2020. The Sensuous Curmudgeon. All rights reserved.