This morning we were supremely confident in our opinion that the “theory” of intelligent design was pure hogwash. And then … well, judge for yourself, dear reader.
We were conducting our daily internet sweep for news about “intelligent design” and this popped up: Top 10 Best Small Trash Cans 2021. We were certain that it was nothing, but out of curiosity we clicked on it. As the title suggested, it was about trash cans, and there were pictures of all ten of them. We were puzzled, because we couldn’t imagine why the phrase “intelligent design” was used in that item. So we searched for it, and to our astonishment we were taken item number ten, which had this headline:
10. Umbra Skinny Sleek & Stylish Bathroom Trash, Small Garbage Can Wastebasket for Narrow Spaces at Home or Office, 2 Gallon Capacity, Bronze
Immediately below that was descriptive information, beginning with the phrase “intelligent design.” Here’s what it says, with bold font added by us for emphasis, and occasional Curmudgeonly interjections that look [like this]:
• Intelligent design: regardless of its slim profile, skinny trash can maintain as much as 2 gallons and options an built-in deal with for straightforward transport and disposal of contents making it a great trash can for toilet
Isn’t that amazing! The descriptive text continues:
• Enhances your decor: not like an [sic] bizarre small rubbish can, this trash can makes a press release with its fashionable colours and distinctive finishes and was designed to boost your current dÃ©cor [sic]
You gotta be impressed! Then it says:
• Materials kind: polypropelyne. skinny is ready to match into compact, unconventional locations and make a recent, daring assertion
• Matches virtually anyplace: a trendy trash can [Wow!] with a contemporary slim design that appears nice and simply matches into slim openings and odd areas in your toilet, bed room or workplace
• Sturdy & straightforward to wash: fabricated from super-strong polypropylene, skinny trash cans are sturdy, straightforward to wipe clear with a humid fabric, and encompasses a rounded backside [Hee hee!] with no crevices for filth, grime, or liquids to get trapped in
• The unique slim trash can: designed by david quant for umbra, skinny takes an on a regular basis family important from mundane to magnificent
That’s the full description of item number ten, and it made a believer out of us. No more will we laugh at the Discoveroids. We’ve seen the evidence, and now we’re convinced that intelligent design is real. How about you, dear reader?
Copyright © 2021. The Sensuous Curmudgeon. All rights reserved.