Our last post about Mary Lou Bruner (pictured above), who will be in the May runoff election for what had once been Don McLeroy’s seat on the Texas State Board of Education (SBOE), was Mary Lou Bruner Opposes the Experts.
We are pleased to see that Mary Lou is back in the news again. At the website of television station WOAI, the NBC affiliate in San Antonio, Texas, we read Front-runner in TX Board of Education race called ‘fringe’ and ‘wacko’. Hey — that’s no way to talk about a lady! Here are some excerpts, with bold font added by us:
The unusual views of Mary Lou Bruner have been bouncing around the news in Texas and nationally for several months.
Her controversial facebook posts are no longer visible to the general public, but because they’ve been posted by a group called The Texas Freedom Network, Bruner has found herself trying to defend and explain views even some of her Republican supporters admit they were surprised to hear.
Then they gives us some of Mary Lou’s most memorable comments. We’ve mentioned some of them before, but they’re worth repeating:
• President Obama was a gay male prostitute when he was younger to support his drug habit.
• Dinosaurs may have become extinct because the dinosaurs on (Noah’s) Ark ‘may have been babies and not able to reproduce. It might make sense to take the small dinosaurs onto the ark instead of the ones bigger than a bus.’
• Many people believe the Democrat Party had JFK killed because the socialists and Communists in the party did not want a conservative president.
• “The GLBTQ agenda is one of the big reasons liberals want 3-year-old and 4-year-old children to attend public school Pre-K programs. The federal government wants to indoctrinate the little children” who will “become confused about their sexuality” and “rebellious.”
• Climate change is not only a hoax, it was a hoax that was Karl Marx’s idea.
• Much of what happens in the world is controlled by a secret group known as The Illuminati.
Some of those were new to us. We’ve never heard that climate change was Marx’s idea, and we had no idea that the Illuminati are so powerful Let’s read on:
Bruner, a retired schoolteacher, took 48% of the vote in a 3-way Republican Primary in March. Because she didn’t get a majority, she faces a May 24th run-off with second-place finisher Keven Ellis, a chiropractor and president of the Lufkin School Board.
We knew that. Here’s the rest of the news story:
The winner will face Democrat Amanda Rudolph in the general election in November. Because of her strong showing in the primary and the strength of the Republican Party in that part of Texas, Bruner is said to be the front-runner in the race.
Your Curmudgeon delights in the antics of creationists in public office, so we say: Go, Mary Lou!
Copyright © 2016. The Sensuous Curmudgeon. All rights reserved.